Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just can't seem to keep up on thing these days!

Finally got a little time to blog. Life is as busy as ever these days. since my last blog we have done a few things. HE HE!
We attended another performance for Richards band. Great time again! There were quite a few people there that I knew from High School! We went with my parents. They had a few new songs and the crowd was even bigger than last time!





Cameron came home for spring break. He ended up getting sick so we didn't do much while he was home. Bummer for him! His school also had spring break three weeks before Easter so none of his friends were home from school. At least he was able to get rid of his strep before he went back. The week after Mark, Emily, and I went to Tahoe with John, Danielle, Scott, and Emily's friend Megan. Always a fun time! We went up on a Thursday and when we arrived there wasn't any snow on the street. But when we woke up this is what we found!


The best part was we were going skiing that day! The best spring skiing I have ever done! Couldn't have been any nicer and the added plus of fresh snow! WOW!



Emily and he friend took a lesson and were skiing till lunch. We met with them at lunch and did a few runs with the girls. They wanted to ski by them selves so I took a few pics of them skiing.



Mark, Scott, John, and I then headed up to the west bowl for some longer runs. I can't tell you how beautiful it was up there. After a few runs we stopped at the Cantina which is at the top of West Bowl. Had a few cocktails and just enjoyed the weather. It was so hot I had to roll up my ski pants just to cool down!










After our last run we were heading to find the girls and we saw a snow mobile with someone on it! Yeah that's right it was one of ours. Megan had ran into her boyfriend and decided to go on a run that she probably wasn't ready for. All I could think was why couldn't it have been one of us. Not that I wanted anyone to get hurt but being in charge of someones child and then having them get hurt is the worst feeling ever. Luckily she was ok just a little beat up and bruised. Later she said she was more embarrassed than hurt. Didn't make me feel any better but glad it all turned out ok!


The following day we took the girls to the lake. Yet another sunny day.





We were sad to have to leave on Sunday. While I was packing up they decided to play one more game of hearts. Mark had a little too much fun! Captain + Coke + Mark... alot of laughs!





On Friday Mark left to go to Thailand and Singapore for two weeks. Work is picking up and Because they have so little staff left I have a feeling he is going to travel alot more. Nothing like he use to...Remember when we first go married he was only around for maybe a week out of the month. I'm so glad those days are gone but it's nice he gets to travel again. Not to mention travel = miles and miles = free trips for us! Emily and I went to my parents on Friday and Cameron met us there. We did a movie and banana split night with Richard and Rian on Friday. It was nice to hang out. We tried to go bowling but the wait was too long. I left my camera at my mothers. BUMMER!
Dave and Maureen came up on Saturday. We celebrated Maureen's birthday that night since her day was on Easter!



Easter wasn't the same with out Mark but we still had a great time! Good food and good company! We missed you Grandma... Hope you are feeling better. We also missed Augie and Karen... Hope the tooth got fixed!
Easter isn't Easter with out dyed eggs and mom is always prepared. The kids all dyed some eggs Easter morning.





My mother does a project with her day care called snip it's. This is what they look like!
And here is Rian and Emily's version... Rather large HE HE!

Portrait time! Sometimes it's hard to catch these moments but I do my best.





I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I did but missed Mark!

0 comments:

Mark

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com