Monday, February 22, 2010

February Festivities!

So as most of you know February is a month of birthdays for my family! We had a month of fun! First was Emily's 15th. She didn't want to do much. Her choice was to go shopping and to dinner with her BFF on her birthday. So we took them out of school early and went to Stoneridge mall and then Fuddruckers for dinner. It was a fun day with the girls and Mark met us for dinner!





Next Birthday... Little Rian...Ok not so little he's a teenager now. Went to my parents on Valentines weekend to celebrate. He's such a joy to be with I only wish we lived closer. Had a great time and even was able to watch him play guitar!



Then it was Cameron's birthday. Lets just say it was a surreal day for me. First birthday he wasn't home. I had a hard time in the morning because I had no one to make a birthday breakfast for. I couldn't find any where to deliver or even let me pay for a cake over the phone. But in my search I found a place to deliver a meal! Thank goodness... made me feel like a better mom. We installed his car stereo and speaker for him and we also bought and installed a sub woofer in the trunk. He has seen picks but wont see his car until this weekend.




Last but not least... My 40 was on Saturday...All I can say is WOW! I really was surprised and couldn't have even imagined what was in store for me this last weekend! I just hope that everyone knows how grateful I was and am for such an unbelievable birthday with some of my closest friends and family. You all out did yourselves! The weekend started Friday at Down town Napa for lunch with John and Danielle. After lunch we headed to the hotel. We stayed at the Westin Verasa what a beautiful place had cocktail time in the room and was having a great time when my friends John and Gina walked in... NO CLUE! Great surprise. Got ready for dinner still not knowing where we were going. Ended up being Greystone. My favorite place in Napa Valley. walked into the restaurant and there were so many people I never expected to see that night. Mike, Jorgelina, Wanda, Chip, Mary Anne, and Brad! had a wonderful meal and a great time! Went back to the hotel and had a few more cocktails and more fun with John,Danielle, John and Gina. I think we didn't go to bed until 2. I wasn't told until then that I had to be up and ready to go by 10:00 am. The next morning I got ready and figured the 6 of us were going wine tasting. Then Rob and Jason walked in! AW I was so surprised and happy to see them. We were talking and I heard someone in the hall way talking who sounded like my mother but I just thought it was another lady until I heard her and my brother laugh. They were going to check into their room and I stuck my head out and said boo... Surprised them! HA HA got you! At that point I kind of figured there were a few more people coming but still didn't know the extent! When I walked into the lobby there were so many people! Uncle Dave, Aunt Maureen, Damon, Joyce, my parents, Richard, Rob, Jason, John, Danielle, John,and Gina. That's when I figured it out. We were going wine tasting on a party bus! WOO HOO! The first stop was Maryvale. We had a private tasting. I think it's the only winery that I actually like each and every wine I tasted. and there were 12 different wines. Next stop was Dean and Deluca for lunch. Last stop on the bus was Black Stallion winery. Beautiful grounds and tasting room but the tasting wasn't as good as Maryvale. We all went back to the hotel and did presents and cake in my parents room. After the girls went to the bar for a little Lemon Drop and girl talk. Then it was dinner time. Stopped as Hog Island Oyster company for an Appetizer and then went to an Italian restaurant that I don't remember the name of. Headed back to the hotel where most of us went in the hot tub. got kicked out of the hot tub and went to the 3rd floor to John and Gina's room for a little party. Was kicked out of there for being too loud so we moved the party to Rob and Jason's room on the 2nd floor again was kicked out for the noise. was heading to our room and stopped in the lobby to ask where we could go and not disturb anyone. They said the lobby... so in our PJ's with an ice chest, pizza, and cake we all hung out and had the best laughing fest ever. My abs hurt Sunday morning from laughing so much and here it is Monday and I'm still sore! Just means we had a good time. We didn't go to bed until 3am. Woke up around 7 and headed to breakfast around 10 and then home. What a birthday of a life time! Thank you to everyone and especially thank you to Mark, Danielle, Richard, and Tracy for all the hard work! I am eternally grateful. So sorry for those of you who were unable to make it! You really missed a great time with my wonderful family and friends! What else can a girl ask for! Love to all of you!























So that's the short version! I think there were 160 pics so real short. I posted most of the pics on Facebook if you have one check it out.
I received alot of great gifts and cards and didn't take pics. But I have to share one very special gift I received from my parents. They gave me my great grandmothers ring. It's beautiful and means so much to me. Thanks!

0 comments:

Mark

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com