Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another weekend gone by. Where does time go!

Cameron came home for the weekend again. He actually came home on Wed. Thursday was a school furlow day and he doesn't have classes on Friday. One of his best friends birthday was this weekend so they all came home to celebrate. I didn't see much of him because he was off with his friends.
Friday afternoon I received a call from the leader of Emily's youth group(Young Life)she asked if the group could come over between 5:00 and 6:00 am on Saturday to wake Emily up and take her to breakfast. Well of course I said yes! Not knowing what time they would arrive I got up at 4:45 and waited.They showed up at 6 did a little video outside and then went up stairs. Man where they loud. Too Funny! Check out the video!

Oh and here's the kicker. So Emily doesn't like sleeping with PJ's on so needless to say she doesn't have very many. We had to do something about that just for this day. Friday night I took her to go winter shopping for school and told her that her dad and I had a discussion and decided that we wanted her wear PJ's from now on. I bought her a few pairs and she wasn't happy. Then when we went home I helped her clean her room... Mind you it's 10:00 by this time. I'm sure she was wondering what was going on. When I got up at 4:45 I went in her room just to make sure she hadn't taken off her PJ's. She didn't. So after she came home we had a good laugh about the sneaky way I was able to get her to do these things. She was clueless and thought it was funny!
I went back to bed and fell asleep. I was planning on getting up at 7:30 and taking Mark to breakfast before our corvette run. Needless to say I was too tired and slept through the alarm. I finally woke up at 8:30. We got ready, Got the corvette ready and off we were for our corvette run. We met at Flying J's at the 5 and 12. We drove to Spindrift restaurant on the Delta loop and had a great lunch!
Trying to get everyone to take a picture is almost impossible with this group!


Some of the cars outside the restaurant. I don't think we know how to park!

Diane ordered a shrimp cocktail. I really don't think she thought it would be this big!

Mark and Tim after lunch~!

It's always really cool to see the cars all lined up on the road!


Next stop was Jesses winery in Lodi. We had a private tasting out on the property. YUMMY port!



It never fails. We always end up going out with Phil and Diane at the end of most of our runs. Guess we're the party animals of the group. Go figure. So when everyone else was done the four of us took off and drove to Fosters in Rio Vista had a few drinks and a good time talking!



Sunday we were invited to go to dinner at Wanda's. So all four of us went. Cameron had to leave early to drive home but we had a great dinner and it was good to see the Apel's. They seem to be doing ok. It's only been 4 months since they lost Steve. The whole family was there and we really had a good time!

0 comments:

Mark

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com