Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anniversary week!

Today is Mark and my 19th anniversary. WOW... I still can't believe we have been together for 23 years. I feel old!!! So to celebrate we decided no gifts and we are going to go get a couples massage. Before I knew we were going to do this I had already bought tickets to the Sharks game. my original plan was Mark get a ride into work and I was going to pick him up. Mind you he had no idea about the tickets. What I didn't know was he had yesterday off. So I was racking the brain trying to figure out how to get him to San Jose with out being suspicious. Danielle was so clever and kind and invited us over for dinner. He didn't suspect anything. He thought we were going over to have dinner and hear all about their trip to Europe. We did... and it was a great time with the added surprise of the the Sharks game. When I first told him he was a little mift that I had disregarded the agreement of no gift. I told him I had already bought the tickets and that the massage was his idea so he could just think I got him the game and he got me the massage. All is good now! HEE HEE~
We had a great time at the game! Even thought they lost in a shoot out and the game was the slowest ever. both teams were just not playing very good. It was like watching it in slow motion.

This is my favorite part of going to the games!

Sharky came and visited me!

My ears are still ringing!

It is pouring outside and the wind is crazy... I'm really hoping my lemon tree doesn't fall... It's not looking good. BOO HOO!
So we put away all the umbrella's and outdoor stuff that would get wet or blow away yesterday. But we are such knuckle heads we forgot to clean out the gutters. So Mark had to get on the roof in this horrible weather and remove all the leaves from our huge and gorgeous but annoying in the winter tree! I love the tree in the summer it gives us so much shade. But when fall and winter come it drops so many leaves and twigs I sometimes want to cut it down then the summer comes back and I remember why we keep it!
Nut case getting on the roof with such high wind!



On Saturday I hosted a girls night Bunco. 12 of my friends came and we had a great night. Spending time with the girls is always good for the soul!
I as usual went all out with the decorating. I asked the girls to bring an Appetizer to share and I provided the drinks and dessert. Homemade carrot cake in the shape of a pumpkin and pumpkin pie. The drinks of choice were sangria (haunted house wine) and apple cider with tuac (Warm apple pie moonlight mixer). They all were a big hit! Hope to do it again sometime soon!













I found the coolest labels for the drink bottles!

Massage is at 4:00. It's a two hour treatment. 30 minutes in a couples tub and then a 90 minute full body massage! I so can't wait... I really need one! I figured since we are going to be so relaxed I didn't want to go out to dinner... Then the rain came, another reason not to go out. I just finished making lasagna and stuffed french bread and the Cesar dressing for the salad. Dinner is done! The rest of the day will be relaxing. Making a fire in the wood stove when we get home, eat dinner and just enjoy the time together! 19 years... We will have to have a party next year the big 20!

0 comments:

Mark

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com