Monday, August 24, 2009

We had a rock'n weekend!

Whoo Wee! We had the best weekend. Thanks to John and Danielle for inviting us to the Tahoe house! We left on Thursday and met them at the house. They had a bear break into the house so we helped them clean up. They had most of it done when we arrived but we did what we could. Then we of course reverted to our younger years. Will we ever grow up?? I don't know it's too much fun!
GOLD SLOGGER... I forgot how nasty that stuff taste. It's like putting 20 red hots in your mouth at once. Gross! But we did more than one shot anyway!


Mark had a little too much!

We woke up Friday morning had breakfast and headed up the road for a mountain bike ride. Danielle and Emily hiked the trail. Mark,John and I road the 3 mile trail on our bikes. Ok 3 miles doesn't seem that long... except when your on a bike and it's all up hill. Oh my was it hard. but I can say I did it! WHOO HOO!





Once we got up there it was worth it. Look at the beautiful lake! It's called Round Lake.

I have special bike shoes that I quickly figured out weren't made for hiking a trail like this. We were able to ride most of the trail but there were a few stairs and rocks you had to carry your bike up. Well needless to say I got a blister on both heals but my right heal burst. It hurt so bad and I still had to make it back to the car. It was fine when I was on my bike riding down there was only one up hill and Emily helped get my bike up it!


The ride down was a blast and really made the day. I was a little nervous at first because it was quite steep... I think I wore out my brakes.



It took us 3 hours to get to the lake and only about 45 minutes to get back to the car. What a fun day!




Saturday morning we got up and packed a little. Then we went for a hike to granite lake. The hike is about 1 mile straight up! I of course still had the wound on my heel so I wore flip flops! Too funny... I made it with out tripping or falling!

Beautiful hike. It's right above Emerald bay!















The lake was like glass. It was so beautiful!






We were sitting and enjoying the lake and eating some crackers. I dropped one in and the Mino's went crazy. Check it out!

We were concentrating on the Minos and didn't realize there was a bear in the area... When I say area I mean 40 feet from us. He must have heard us and got in the lake. It was amazing. Scared Emily but Mark and I thought it was a great sight to see. He swam across the lake and didn't even look over at us!




Oh I almost forgot to post this. Emily thought it would be funny to get Mark wet. He was taking his time getting in the water. She got the worst of it I think.

After the hike we went and finished cleaning the house and got ready. Drove to my parents, dropped off Emily, and Headed to AB's bar to watch Inspector 71 band! What a great night! The band was incredible! The bar wasn't prepared for the crowd. They ran out of all their kegs, mixers, and glasses. They had to run to Raley's to restock!I took so many pics. I'll post a few... The rest are on facebook!
I looked ok when we arrived at the bar but you'll see in the pics the hair went to hell real fast. You all know me once I start dancing I can't stop. The bar was so full of people it was roasting in there and I was a mess by the end of the night. Oh well mean I had fun and didn't care! Amazingly I didn't really drink either. But what a great night!









Don't ask me I can't tell you! HAHA










That's the weekend we had... Busy as usual but fun as Hell! Marks parents are here for week so I probably wont post for a few days! Have a great week!

0 comments:

Mark

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com