Monday, July 27, 2009

Camping with friends

I wanted to take Emily camping before school started and tried for months to find a place I could make reservations. Well no luck with the reservations. So instead Emily and I took off Early Thursday morning and drove up to ice House to find a camp site. I was at Ice House by noon and all the sites were taken. Talk about a little nerve racking. I was a little worried we weren't going to find a sight. I stopped and talked to the camp host and he was nice enough to call up to the other camp grounds at Union Valley Reservoir. We went to Wench Creek and arrived at 1:30. I'm so glad I left early. By 3:30 Thursday the whole camp ground was full.
I drove up in the 4 runner with the trailer packed with the hole gangs stuff. There were a few people ... I wont name names... that questioned if I would be able to back the trailer in. Well check it out I did a rather good job if I do say so myself. Especially being the first time ever!

Welcome rock the camp host left us! How cute!

The two of us set up camp. We put all the tents up (five of them), set the table, and set up our beds. We were done with all of it by 3:00. We were so hot that we got dressed and went down to the lake and swam for awhile!





We got hungry around 7:00 Emily made chili dogs for dinner. We played Uno and a marble game for about an hour then decided to go for a walk. while we were walking Mark, Larry, and the Clements showed up.






The big boys had a cigar

The kids were excited to be at camp


We of course couldn't go with out smores!


Mark through this log in not knowing it was infested with ants!


Mark hadn't even started drinking and I don't know what he was thinking... But he ate a roasted ant. He said it was sweet but by the look on his face I don't quite believe him!

Kids waking up Friday morning and breakfast time!





The adults work so hard preping for camping and cooking the whole trip I have a rule that the kids don't really like. The kids are in charge of doing dishes.

The only tent I couldn't put together was the Puppo's so the guys did it for them Friday morning!


We hung out at the lake all day. The Puppo's showed up around 2:00!





Saturday we took Mikes fishing boat out to an island and hung out there all day. Maryanne and I swam out to the island while the rest of them took turns being boated out!



We enjoyed the weather and no one being on the island!










The kids even took the boat out for a ride!





Exciting night... I was woken up around 2:30 am by some wrestling noise. I layed in bed for a good 15 minute trying to figure out what it was. An ice chest fell and I knew it was a bear. Woke Mark up... He went out and sure enough there was a huge bear going through Mike and Jorgelina's ice chest. Check out the teeth marks on the chest!


The group shot... Back row left to right...
Chip, Maryanne, Cameron, Kevin, and Larry
Front row left to right...
Matthew, Mike, Jorgelina, Emily, Marrissa, Me, and Mark


In the car all ready to leave and Mike yells wait one last beer before we leave!

the girls on the way home!


They fell asleep!


What a great weekend. I can't wait to do it again in Septmeber!

0 comments:

Mark

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com